Friday, May 4, 2012

Articles on Parenting Advice

Sometimes I read parenting articles. The truly stupid ones tell me to 'ignore it' (to ignore my child when he or she is not acting happy). That's a stupid idea because no one likes to feel ignored. However, not intervening my childrens every squabble may help. Chew the meat, spit out the bones they say. Even though sometimes I read parenting articles about specific issues I may be having such as teaching my children how to deal with conflict, I don't look to the articles, or classes I had taken ealier on ultimately  because when it comes down to it the parents are the ones who know our children better and can empathize with them in a way perhaps no one else can. One big lesson I have learned is that kids change with the seasons, so it is important for me to always become reaquainted with who they really are for the purpose of giving them the tools they'll need to see that their dreams come true.  I will end with this quote:

“The only man I know who behaves sensibly is my tailor; he takes my measurements anew each time he sees me. The rest go on with their old measurements and expect me to fit them. George Bernard Shaw


No comments:

Post a Comment